APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED
The UMD UAS Test Site has extended our deadline to accept applications for our summer internship program! Best consideration date is now April 15, 2020.
UAS Test Site summer internships give students an opportunity to work hands-on with researchers and staff on the modeling, design, analysis, simulation, assembly, and experimentation of UAS. As members of the test site team, summer interns work full-time from our offices in California, Maryland and are paid an hourly rate.
Interns spend the bulk of their tenure working on a UAS-related project with a faculty advisor from their field of study. They will also learn UAS operations and safety fundamentals from our operations team. Internship ends with a briefing to advisors and UAS Test Site staff on project outcomes.
Interns must be:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate technical degree program—not limited to engineering—from rising sophomore to rising senior. Students may come from University of Maryland, College Park, University of Maryland academic programs offered through the University of Maryland System at Southern Maryland, the College of Southern Maryland, or St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
- Able to work full-time for 11 weeks during the internship.
- Able to live and work for the summer in southern Maryland. Housing is available at St. Mary’s College of Maryland or elsewhere in the local area.
- United States citizens or permanent residents.
- Interested in UAS technology.
- Identify a faculty mentor who will work with you to identify a project related to UAS and remain as your advisor throughout the internship.
- Send a resume, letter of endorsement from a faculty advisor, and a short description of the proposed project to Sara Lloyd at email@example.com.
Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis every spring. Projects must be approved by the test site for applicability, scope, and budget. All project budget allocations/transactions will be coordinated through test site staff.