Join us this summer at the UMD UAS Test Site for a rewarding opportunity you won't find elsewhere. As a UMD UAS Test Site summer intern, you'll work hands-on with researchers and staff on the modeling, design, analysis, simulation, assembly, and experimentation of UAS. You'll be a member of the Test Site team, paid an hourly rate and working alongside other team members on-site at the hangar.
Interns spend the bulk of their tenure developing a UAS-related project under the guidance of a faculty advisor from their field of study. They will also learn UAS operations and safety fundamentals from our operations team. Internship ends with a briefing to advisors and UAS Test Site staff on project outcomes.
A housing option is available at the nearby College of Southern Maryland. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Interns must be:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate technical degree program—not limited to engineering—from rising sophomore to rising senior. Students from any accredited university are eligible.
- Able to work full-time in Southern Maryland for 10 weeks starting on June 1, 2022.
- United States citizens or permanent residents.
- Interested in UAS technology.
- Identify a faculty mentor who will work with you to identify a project related to UAS and remain as your advisor throughout the internship.
- Send a resume, letter of endorsement from a faculty advisor, a short description of the proposed project, and a proposed project budget to Sara Lloyd at email@example.com.
Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis every spring. Projects must be approved by the Test Site for applicability, scope, and budget. All project budget allocations/transactions will be coordinated through test site staff.