Join us this summer at the UMD UAS Test Site for a rewarding opportunity you won't find elsewhere. As a UMD UAS Test Site summer intern, you'll work hands-on with researchers and staff on the modeling, design, analysis, simulation, assembly, and experimentation of UAS. You'll be a member of the Test Site team, paid an hourly rate with partial remote work and 2-3 days on-site at the hangar.
Interns spend the bulk of their tenure working on a UAS-related project with a faculty advisor from their field of study. They will also learn UAS operations and safety fundamentals from our operations team. Internship ends with a briefing to advisors and UAS Test Site staff on project outcomes.
Interns must be:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate technical degree program—not limited to engineering—from rising sophomore to rising senior. Students may come from University of Maryland, College Park, University of Maryland academic programs offered through the University of Maryland System at Southern Maryland, the College of Southern Maryland, or St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
- Able to work full-time in Southern Maryland for 10 weeks starting on June 1, 2021.
- United States citizens or permanent residents.
- Interested in UAS technology.
- Hybrid program specially designed for 2021 with 2-3 days at the hangar and 2-3 days working from home.
- Identify a faculty mentor who will work with you to identify a project related to UAS and remain as your advisor throughout the internship.
- Send a resume, letter of endorsement from a faculty advisor, a short description of the proposed project, and a proposed project budget to Sara Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis every spring. Projects must be approved by the test site for applicability, scope, and budget. All project budget allocations/transactions will be coordinated through test site staff.